Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click “Apply” to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
A. Receiving :
- Receive product: ingredients, packaging, finished goods, WIP, and non-standard inventory.
- Schedule all inbound activity, log vendor compliance information and audits.
- Coordinate all shipments of packaging supplies from outside warehouse to plant to meet production schedule.
- Load and unload all trucks, stage marked product for storage.
- Obtain ingredient and packaging samples and forward to QA and Marketing.
- Enter all P.O. receipts on same day and communicate all issues with necessary departments; Including all outside operations – i.e. FDA. Landis, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of all returns, maintain log books and customer return logs, complete all TAF forms, CR forms and entry into system.
- (OR) May be required to perform General Warehouse, work in coolers or outbound distribution
B. General Warehouse:
- Move all received product into storage areas from receiving dock.
- Pull packaging supplies for production, stage and count and receive all returns from production.
- Pull kitchen orders, receive and maintain all ingredient inventories, and cycle count inventory.
- Keep records of cycle counts and discards and communicate all issues to necessary departments.
- Cycle count and pallet check as required.
- Maintain control documents for any kind of product movement within the plant.
- OR) May be required to perform receiving, work in coolers or outbound distribution.
C. Outbound Distribution:
- Move all FG product from production, verify slip number, product number & count, scan product and reconcile daily.
- Maintain storage area and FIFO rotation.
- Coordinate all movement “To & From” all outside warehouses.
- Maintain control documents for any product movement within the plant and To & From outside operations.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Cycle count and pallet check as required.
- Maintain AIB sanitation practices.
- (OR) May be required to perform Receiving, work in Coolers or General Warehouse.
D. 031 Cooler
- Check schedules and pull 031 products according to production date (FIFO) of MOA, and in time to be room temperature for packing in 032 products, also, for wrappers, Bindler and Sollich lines.
- Control “hold” product by working with QA Department
- Pull candy orders and transfer, if necessary, to distribution pick up area.
- Place candy from Bindler, Sollich, and wrapper production in appropriate cooler; return unused product from productions areas.
- Maintain an accurate inventory system by recording lot/location, candy movement sheets, and other appropriate paperwork.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL:
- Daily checks for fork-lifts and electric power jacks.
- Inventory periodically: trailers, 031 and 032 products and outside warehouses.
- Knowledge of “Lock-Out / Tag-out” (for inoperable fork-lifts).
- Pull questionable product for QA check
- Follow all standard operation procedures (SOP), Policies, and GMP’s.
- Assure adherence to Food Safety Requirements and Work Instructions.
- Train new employees as required.
- Ensure trailer jacks (2 sets) secured when parked.
- Conduct annual physical inventory.
- Knowledge of RPMS, AS400, MS Word, Excel & General PC skills to maintain inventory, and other reports.
- Able to read productions schedules.
- Work autonomously within the plant to resolve day to day issues, and enhancing process to operate more efficiently.
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings.
- Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Experience in loading and unloading of freight.
- Performs other related duties as requested by leader or supervisor.
- Might be asked to work during shutdowns
- Might be asked to work another shift during shutdowns.
- Required to work until end of production shift daily.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add and subtract five or more digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls. Reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift up to 70 pounds. Required to work in ambient and freezer conditions. Must be able to down stack a 7 foot pallet. Must be able to work in extreme heat, up to 110 degrees. Must be able to multitask.
Routine/4+ hours daily Driving, Reading, Writing, Work on the computer
Frequently/ 2-4 hours daily Bending over, Squatting/Crouching, Walking
Sometimes/ 2 hours daily Lifting/Carrying 26 – 50 lbs., Sitting, Standing
Rarely (Once/Day) Lifting/Carrying 10 – 100 lbs, Pushing/Pulling 10 – 100 lbs.,
Reaching Above Shoulders, Climbing-Legs Only on Stairs,
Climbing-Legs/Arms (Ladders), Kneeling, Twisting
- Twisting of Head and Neck
- Grasping Light, Right and Left
- Grasping Firm, Right and Left
- Repetitive Use of Hand, Right and Left
- Repetitive Use of Foot, Right and Left
- Finger Dexterity, Right and Left
- Vision – Far, Near, Color, Depth Perception
- Radial Diviation / Ulnar
- Pronation / Supination
- Extension / Flexion
Frequently 2-4 hours daily Temperature (Cold and Hot Temps)
Rarely (Once / Day) Elevated Work Surfaces
NON-STANDARD PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Rarely (Once / Day) Fall Protection, Rubber Work Gloves,
Chemical Protective Work Gloves
ADDITIONAL PPE INFORMATION
Rarely (Once / Day) Wearing Face Shields and Rubber Aprons
- Perform under Time Pressure, Make Independent Decisions, Variable Type of Work
- Overtime/ Working more than 5 day/week/Working more than 8 hours daily
- Job Rotation
- Afternoon or Night Shift
Pre-Assignments Math Test, Physical Ability Test, Fork lift Training,
Fork lift test, Electric Fork lift license, Vision Test
Periodic Annual HACCP test for receiving and ingredient handling
Periodic every 2 years Fork lift training, Fork lift Test. Electric Fork lift license
This position requires some mechanical aptitude.
Must be able to pass warehouse test.
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.