Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Shipping & Receiving and Pack Outassociates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.Usually works five to six days a week based on production needs.
This position is for 2nd Shift.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises pack out line, warehousemen, and fork lift operators for proper receiving, storage, shipment and inventory of goods.
- Insure the accurate recording of the count and quality of all goods received and the accurate recording and prompt shipment of all finished products.
- Trains, directs and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
- Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates.
- Consistently administers Company policies and procedures.
- Supports and promotes the Company#39;s annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
- Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety scorecard.
Bachelors degree (4 yrs.) or equivalent work experience in Shipping & Receiving, Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline.
The minimum number of year and/or months of prior and related experience preferred to be considered for this position is: 3-5+ years of experience.
- 0-3 years work experience.
- Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
- Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of an ability to provide strong customer orientation.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or Company business.
- Fork Lift and Pallet Jack experience.
- Shipping & Receiving procedures.
- Experience in manufactoring environment (perishable foods preffered).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
- When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 0degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.