Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Greeley Team is seeking a PLC (Programmable Logic Controls) Technician to help us achieve our goals.
We Ask Of You To:
- Troubleshoot and repair control issues
- Perform preventative maintenance to optimize equipment reliability
- Follow-up on completed control work and assisting maintenance as needed.
- Train end-users and maintenance personnel on new controls designs.
- Assist in commissioning new controls.
- Update drawings as required, forwarding all equipment information to the planner/scheduler.
- Implement and maintain 5S standards.
- Be responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment andor processes
- Follow and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices
- Communicate effectively to team members, team leads, supervisors, and managers, as applicable
- Perform job responsibilities with the mindset of the company core values of Quality, Service, Competitive Price, and Ethics
- Work effectively with others
- Complete work shift as scheduled
We Offer You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our goal. Through competitive wage, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Must Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar controls technician role
- Associates or a 2-year degree in a maintenance related field or 2 years’ experience in industrial control system development and troubleshooting
- Experience in schematic reading and PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must be able to work night shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7-day operation.
- Must be able to work 12.5 hour scheduled shifts.
- Ability to repeatedly lift throughout the entire shift meeting minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs and work at extreme heights.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.
- Ability to enter data into and pull data from computer systems, including proficient skills in email, internet, Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts.
- Ability to stand, kneel, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas and tight spaces.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Working knowledge of various equipment and plant processes to understand, interpret and schedule work orders.
- Knowledge of utility equipment and operations (boiler and refrigeration equipment).
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (PSM, OSHA, and USDA).
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Lifting Requirements:
- 40 lbs from 24" to 66"
- Daily Stair climbing
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Previous experience in a dairy/food manufacturing environment
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com