Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Plant Utility Technician in Mt. Crawford.
This position is a self-driven/self-motivated individual capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision. The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization. The Plant Utility Technician is responsible for maintaining, developing and creating dependable equipment throughout our facility. Implements continuous improvements, supports new system installations, production strategies and plant reliability. Persons must be capable in analyzing conditions, technical troubleshooting thru the process, mechanical and electrical issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules. Assists, trains/coaches employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment. The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information.
• Attend and practice all required training.
• Perform predictive maintenance techniques on equipment to enhance uptime conditions.
• Train operators on maintenance techniques when called to troubleshoot or repair equipment.
• Completes preventative maintenance and other reliability tasks, assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of machines; partner with engineering or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling solutions.
• Plant steam and boiler operation is required. A thorough understanding of boiler operation and maintenance, feed water treatment, combustion and controls common to boiler operations.
• Maintenance and operations of ammonia systems while maintaining PSM standards.
• Electrical controls and electrical diagram proficiency is required.
• Maintenance and operation of compressed air systems.
• Utilize root cause analysis thought process to ensure sustainability of corrective actions and/or improvements to drive asset reliability.
• Effectively complete PM#39;s as scheduled to eliminate unplanned downtime.
• Proficient and diligent in use of CMMS system to track maintenance action items.
• Classify breakdowns and analyze gaps in the entire process of design, fabrication, and maintenance of equipment.
• Utilize the continuous improvement mindset and tools to actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities, improving processes including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events.
• Follow QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times.
• Adhere to all Pillar Standards and actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to assessments, observations, inspections, and recommendations.
• Communicates effectively with Forepersons, OPEX Leaders, Production Leaders, Reliability Leader, Engineering and other colleagues.
• Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals.
• Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs.
• Assist, train, and coach employees.
• Comply with all regulations, policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned or become evident.
This section identifies the minimum job specifications required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years manufacturing experience
• Certification to operate lifts and other required equipment
• Successfully completed boiler 1 training
• Successfully complete and maintain, at a minimum, a RETA "CARO" certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule.
• In depth understanding of and commitment to established values and strategy.
• Basic understanding of computers.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
• Ability to perform root cause analysis.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
• Various predictive maintenance equipment, shop equipment and tools, hand tools etc.
• Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
• Software including: Microsoft Office and CMMS
• Industrial power equipment (Forklift, scissor, pallet jack, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee will lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout the facility. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and required footwear.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology