JOIN KROGER RANKED ##20 ON FORTUNE 500 LIST!
We offer: Competitve Salary, Full Medical, Dental & Vison Benefits, Bonus Potential and Associate Discounts!
- Pontiac FoodsCompany Name:
- EmployeePosition Type:
- FLSA Status: Exempt
FEED THE HUMAN SPIRIT AT PONTIAC FOODS! ZERO LAYOFFS IN 36+ YEARS!
Responsible for managing plant assets through the coordination and development of annual budgets, and analyzing performance against established budgets. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a financial leader at the plant for the site leader and staff.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Regional Account Service Center (RASC), General Office (G.O.) and plant personnel on all financial matters.
- Review company financial records and ensure they are accurate and within policy.
- Perform period, quarterly, and yearly closing functions, including journal approvals and reviews to ensure accuracy and conduct financial analyses, including a period recap to G.O.
- Prepare reports on a period, quarterly and annual basis for the group controller and federal, state, and local agencies.
- Prepare period profit estimates and annual budgets for departments and analyze business activity.
- Develop necessary financial analyses, including trends, discrepancies and opportunities.
- Prepare various cost estimates on new products or package changes and continually analyze pricing and price quotes for outside sales.
- Investigate and determine whether new business is financially beneficial and is consistent with the company strategy.
- Analyze capital projects to assure they meet company requirements.
- Control companys physical and liquid assets, review and approve expenditures, and install safeguards to prevent excessive spending or waste.
- Understand multiple accounting systems/interfaces and investigate related issues.
- Supervise office staff, including the schedule of work, review of work performed, and investigation and resolution of problems and questions.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance with 5+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices
- Strong attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy and precision
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to comprehend complex oral and written instructions
- Able to foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Pay level based on plant complexity, including number of production departments and number of division customers supported (pay level 9)
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience in manufacturing and/or union environment
- Experience working in cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Hyperion Essbase