Company Name:Crossroad Farms Dairy
Provide leadership and administer support in the areas of food safety and quality systems to assure the production and distribution of safe, quality foods. Manage and oversee programs to sustain compliance with Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality requirements. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in the Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification audits.
- Conduct training for Food Safety, Laboratory Safety, Regulatory Compliance and Continuous Improvement Strategies.
- Assist Corporate Food Technology with product development and/or product/process improvement projects.
- Review raw material and formula specifications.
- Ensure that receiving procedures for incoming and outgoing ingredients are in compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Audit plant sanitation process through environmental testing, product testing and physical inspections.
- Support quality initiatives by participating in routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) walkthroughs and participating in or leading any food safety or quality initiatives.
- Monitor to ensure that Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), allergen programs, formulations, and finished product meet specification.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in food science or a related field
- SQF Practitioner Certified
- 2 + years progressive quality assurance lab experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to apply statistical process control concepts
- Demonstrates good interpersonal communication skills
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Working knowledge of food safety programs, microbiological and sanitation concepts
- Working knowledge of food manufacturing plant operations
- Provide support to production in continuous improvement effort