About LiDestri Food and Drink
LiDestri Food and Drink has grown from our roots as a pasta sauce and salsa manufacturer to become an R&D engine, formulating and producing innovative food, beverage and spirits products for our labels and those of our national and retailer brand partners. A family-run company based in Rochester, NY, LiDestri employs over 1,400 people across five U.S. locations. We have decades-long partnerships with some of the most respected consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies and the most highly inventive retailer brands.
Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- And many more….
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management and coordination of all activities for the plant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing staff including coaching, mentoring, training and development;
- Managing business to ensure profitability targets, quality and safety standards, and schedule commitments are met;
- Collaborate with corresponding departments to drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Ensuring that all materials, manpower and equipment are utilized in the most efficient manner;
- Reviewing job cost and other financial reports to ensure budgeted targets are being met;
- Identifying processes and implement improvements that support the goals of the organization;
- Identify field and plant problems for corrective action and ensure actions are properly carried out;
- Prepare and manage the annual departmental budgets;
- Coordinate and support training activities and develop staff to achieve established company goals / standards;
- Direct hands-on engagement is required when managing a plant operation;
- Responsible for Food Safety and the reassessment for adequacy of the HACCP Plan (pre-requisites) at least annually and whenever any changes occur that could affect its hazard analysis or alter the HACCP Plan;
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including preparing and conducting employee performance appraisal;
- Maintain employee work schedules including timecard approval, work assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off;
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Create and drive the sites’ strategic plans toward Operational Excellence;
- Develop and implement employee engagement initiatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree plus 10+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in manufacturing, with 3-5 years of experience operating as a high volume manufacturing plant manager or value stream leader, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Plant manager needs to fully understand and drive Continuous Improvement techniques including Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Must be able to direct team to identify, evaluate and implement equipment and process improvement utilizing the DMAIC model of data driven decisions.
- The plant manager will build a high performance culture based on the fundamentals of the LiDestri Mindset.
- Preferred experience in a food, beverage or pharmaceutical industry and/or high speed manufacturing environment;
- Proficiency in department cost control, budget management, and financial acumen;
- Effective communication skills; ability to create a strong team environment;
- Collaborative work style; able to influence peer groups and other funcational leaders;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites and MRP programs;
- Self-motivated (Skilled coach and mentor);
- Ability to motivate and influence others;
- Strong leadership skills and behaviors required
Traditional manufacturing environment; with exposure to
- Long periods of standing and or moving
- Hot and or cold conditions
- Wet and or dry conditions
- Working around moving mechanical parts/conveyors
- Lifting/carrying <50 pounds
- Frequent reaching/pulling/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending
- Potentially working with caustic chemicals
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.