Under limited supervision, oversees the Plant’s in house medical/first aid program. Provides support to Safety, Workers Compensation and Wellness Programs.
1. Treats and provides professional nursing care to employees or people who become ill or injured on plant premises. Administers prescribed medications and changes dressings.
2. Examines employees and evaluates their condition for capability of performing duties when ill or injured on the job and sends employees home, refers them to physician, urgent care or hospital, or takes other appropriate action.
3. Monitors injured employee#39;s condition and/or vital signs to determine if ambulatory care is required.
4. Provides appropriate employee status information to appropriate managers.
5. Prepares and maintains clinical records of treatment and care of employees in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
6. Assists human resources department with administration of workers compensation program, safety inspections and investigations, employee assistance programs, drug policy.
7. Coordinates return to work program, ensuring existence of doctor’s release to work documentation.
8. Performs workers compensation case management.
9. Facilitates hazard communication training and safety training.
10. Maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
11. Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor#39;s degree required with 0-3 years of applicable human resources experience. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above. PHR certification preferred. Bilingual English & Spanish required.
- Knowledge and ability to treat light wounds.
- Knowledge of medical terms and conditions.
- Ability to create documentation and logs.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, clear manner.
- Ability to be multi-task oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to be on call 24/7
"Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications." “Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request."