JOB TITLE: Plant Manager
LOCATION: Lancaster, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
This position is responsible for achieving an optimal balance of quality, service and efficiency in order to achieve operational excellence at assigned manufacturing location, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing and appropriately implementing operational strategic plans, policies and practices to meet, quality, food safety, capacity, service and financial/cost/budget expectations.
- Being responsible for food safety and legality.
- Aligning all manufacturing-related activities appropriately to meet corporate supply chain requirements.
- Acting as liaison with appropriate corporate support functions in achieving the desired culture of employee engagement, building optimum employee relations, appropriately training/developing employees and obtaining employee safety goals.
- Acting as liaison with appropriate corporate support functions in ensuring compliance in accordance with all applicable regulatory agencies, such as OHSA, FDA, USDA and EPA.
- Establishing, monitoring and leading efforts to meet key performance metrics.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret business and financial documents. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and applicants of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to develop, formulate strategy and exercise good judgment.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. Position must have the ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver s license. Must have strong leadership/mentoring skills; strong financial and business acumen; strong creativity and innovative skills; be results oriented with day-to-day management skills; proficient Lean Six Sigma concepts; have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Protective Equipment Protective equipment, such as hearing protection, bump cap, safety foot ware, hair net and food safety related garb, is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree in dairy manufacturing or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and five to ten years of job-related experience.
This position generally has operational supervisors, superintendents and managers as direct reports. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; administering the union contract; etc.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis.,is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.