The Plant Manager will have progressive experience in all aspects of the beverage industry with demonstrable success in operations management. This will include cost reduction and efficiency improvement success; leading team based work units; organizing, planning, and executing capital project work; and successfully working across organizational boundaries to achieve business success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage and Coordinate Across Multiple Shifts and Functions: Achieve company goals through managing and coordinating activities across multiple shifts, departments, and functions, including all Production Departments: Quality, Brewing, Batching, Engineering, Facility and Equipment Maintenance, Packaging, Packaging Maintenance, and Warehouse. Coordinate with other organizational functions such as Human Resources, Business Development, IT and Accounting functions as needed.
- Manage Performance to Production and Capital Budgets: Understand City Brewing Company’s financial, quality, and production performance statistics and manage for enhanced profits. Develop staff in understanding and use of this data. Manage capital budget submissions and capital appropriations and projects for production and facilities. Participate in Capital and Operating Budget planning.
- Lead, Manage and Develop Personnel: Through the organizational performance management system, annual or more frequent performance reviews, and day–to–day contact - expand the knowledge, professionalism, and managerial capabilities of the production management team. Provide for succession planning for production management positions. Participate in annual reviews of salaried personnel performance. Participate in bonus reviews for all salaried production personnel. Provide for adequate training and education to develop skills and knowledge base of all operations personnel.
- Leadership: Maintain visibility and provide leadership to production operations through attendance at appropriate meetings. Drive lean manufacturing efforts. Act ethically and with integrity. Prioritize, Communicate and Achieve Goals and Activities: Through meetings, teaching sessions, reports, and other written and verbal communication - direct and communicate the priorities among goals and activities within the operations function of the organization. Lead regular meetings of production personnel regarding production status and operations planning. Provide for adequate production staffing and production equipment to meet production goals.
- Set and Communicate Goals, Standards and Policies: Envision, set and communicate required goals, standards and policies for production operations and performance, safety, environmental compliance, lean manufacturing implementation, project management and facility management. Through meetings, teaching sessions, and other written and verbal communication, communicate company goals to production personnel. Write annual goals and review quarterly with Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage Compliance with Safety, Ergonomic, Environmental, GMP and HACCP Regulations and Policies: Structure and manage the production management team to insure knowledge of and compliance with all applicable operating regulations/policies, and recommendations of insurers and other applicable organizations. Coordinate with Human Resources regarding safety and ergonomic administration, consultation, and training. Conduct investigations of accidents and events involving property or personnel and initiate corrective action.
- Provide For the Security, Protection and Maintenance of the City Brewing Company, Inc. Facility: Budget for facility repair and upgrade through capital budgeting process.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 10 Years of managerial experience in the Food or Beverage Industry.
- Experience working with blended products and high-speed packaging system management is required.
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP#39;s, HACCP required.
- FDA/USDA experience a plus.
- Brewery experience a plus.
- Experience directing high performance, self directed work teams.
- Experience in KPI development and management with emphasis on cost reduction and facility improvement techniques.
- Engineering/Project Management/ Industrial Engineering background a plus.
- Business Management Background a plus.
- General Knowledge: Food & Beverage industry; Facility Management
- Finance/Budgeting/Costing: Strong financial/budget skills. Proven ability to meet financial goals and to maintain quality, cost and timing of products and processes.
- Instructional Methods: Able to effectively teach, coach, and guide the development of others.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computers: Strong computer background with ability to calculate and analyze data, generate reports, present information.
- Data Analysis: Able to understand and use data (SPC charting, Frequency Distribution charting, spreadsheets) to analyze performance and solve problems.
- Build Teams: Creates an environment that encourages teamwork, cooperation and collaboration
- Develop People: Encourages others to learn and take risks. Sees mistakes as learning and growth opportunities.
- Interpersonal Communication: Is respectful when interacting with others. Shares information freely and honestly in all directions. Communicates with clarity.
- Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Works cooperatively with others to solve problems. Works cooperatively across teams and functions to solve problems.
- Personal Development: Continually learning and growing. Seeks out and uses personal feedback.
- Creativity/Innovation: Takes initiative. Encourages risk-taking in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Promotes Goals: Aligns goals with those of the team/department/company.
- Guides Work: Continuously improves work processes. Helps other with tools, information, and assistance to do their job.
- Energy/Optimism/Motivation: Gets results. Recognizes excellence in the efforts and work of others and self. Enjoys seeing others succeed. Pursues success.
- Change/Flexibility: Embraces change. Communicates needs during periods of change. Is flexible in assignments and hours as needed.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Plant Manager. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements in close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.