Job Posting Title:
The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Dixon, Illinois Aseptic Pudding & Cheese manufacturing plant. In this role, you will have accountability for advancing and sustaining continuous improvement to deliver quality, customer service, safety, innovation, working capital and cost commitments. The Plant Manager will formulate and approve short and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration at the plant level. Success in this role relies on the ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute plant-specific strategic vision, mission and objectives to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the Company#39;s vision, mission and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
- Provide direct oversight for the operations management team including production, maintenance, planning, procurement, quality, and safety along with a strong connection to both finance and human resources.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, scrap, rework and repair expenses
- Provide leadership for assessing and enhancing plant capabilities.
- Develop and manage facility budget including capital expenditures and cost management.
- Assure regulatory compliance including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, USDA, FDA, FLSA, EEO, OFCCP and NLRB.
- Ensure all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded, drive continuous process/manufacturing improvements and collaborate with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open/honest dialogue and involvement of all team members that demonstrates the value of their input/engagement in improving performance.
- Maintain a constructive and mutually respectful relationship with the union; participate in issue resolution processes.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Responsible for complying with all Food Quality, Food Safety/SQF, and GMP policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other function leaders to create and execute effective employee relations processes and develop managers to do the same in order to maintain a positive working environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience in multiple pillars of TPM (Leadership, Organization Capability, Focused Improvement, Progressive Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, Early Management, Supply Chain, Quality and Safety) required.
- Change Management skills required.
- Experience with FDA a plus.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree strongly preferred in Business, Engineering, Food Science, Operations Management, or related field.
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of 5-8 years manufacturing experience required
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a significant leadership role in a plant required
- Manufacturing experience in a Food, CPG, Chemical or related industry required.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.