PastaCo has been preparing quality frozen pastas, sauces and entrees since 1986 using old world Italian recipes & artisan techniques. PastaCo is looking for a dynamic individual to lead all plant related activities.
· To ensure efficient and optimal production from the plant with excellent quality and food safety standards.
Lead a fast growing team of 15-20 people in a high standard food manufacturing facility
· Maintains operations within established standards for quality, productivity, safety and housekeeping; organizing and prioritizing workload on a regular basis.
· Develop, lead and coach employees through effective training and recognition.
· Drive key performance indicators for area of responsibility (line speeds, efficiency, waste, labor, compliance to schedule etc).
· Provide expertise on engineering and process related issues, especially with respect to improvement of the manufacturing area and on going running and maintenance of lines and equipment.
· Develop production schedules and ensure schedules are met; follow-up and deal with any problems that may occur.
· Set-up and allocate employees to designated lines and start daily operations.
· Ensure compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act, employment regulations and company policies.
· Ensure adherence to all quality requirements including GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s, specifications etc.
· Motivate employees, resolve any employee disputes and solve issues with tact. Train staff where necessary.
· Keep a track of finished stock and ensure all supplies are ordered well in time to meet production benchmarks.
· Oversee the efficient operations of the kitchen, shipping and receiving areas.
· Assist in developing formulations, scaling sheets, product make-up specifications and finished product specifications and product costing.
· Minimum ten years’ experience in food production, preferably in frozen meat and pasta products
· Senior strategic and supervisory level experience of minimum 3 years, preferably as a Plant Manager
· Demonstrated leadership and vision in supervising staff and growth.
· Relevant experience in dealing with regulatory and certification bodies such as CFIA, SQF, Halal & Kosher Certifications, Food Safety Audits, etc.
· Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and diverse workplace.
· Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed.
. Experience in manufacturing of pasta and related products in an SQF and #39;Federal#39; set up would be a plus
Job Type: Permanent