Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Maintenance Supervisor is highly skilled position within the Maintenance Department. They supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery, and equipment and in fabricating metal parts, tool, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Administer department PM and work order system using CMMS software. (SOMAX)
- Monitor, order, set parts to work orders, aid procurement of critical parts for shop inventory.
- Assist in tracking and maintaining department budget accounts and capital spend as required.
- Plan and schedule department workloads in SOMAX, with critical work orders and management assignments.
- Maintain and manage department backlog, of work orders and PM tasks.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, documenting, and verifying all maintenance work to be performed (planned and unplanned)
- Provide SOMAX instruction to maintenance and inventory control associates, as required.
- Giving timely feedback, coaching, and mentoring to team members to help maintain or improve expected performance
- Have leadership skills, and people skills, with above average computer skills/word/and excel.
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assign duties
- Lead and motivate employees to maximize productivity and minimize operating costs.
- Drive department compliance with established safety, GMP, and QCP training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and all regulatory agencies
- Examines manufacturing equipment to ensure that is works properly and meets all applicable standards and develops a plan for corrective action as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
**Please not this is a 3rd shift only position**
- Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to exchange detailed information and communicate messages to reach consensus
Education and Work History:
- Technical Degree in related field, Bachelor#39;s is preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted. .
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Be available to work varied hours as needed
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food industry or manufacturing is required
- Experience with CMMS systems, parts procurement and inventory control
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior planning scheduling experience preferred. College education a plus.
- AIB certification a plus
- Working knowledge of computers, including MS office applications
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a team oriented environment
- Must be self-directed and able to work without close supervision - position requires high energy and motivation and a strong desire to drive positive change
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is preferred
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.