Company Name: Compton Creamery
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Compton Creamery, a proud member of the Kroger Family of Companies, is looking for an experienced, thorough and reliable Maintenance Planner to optimize workforce productivity and work quality by eliminating potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of labor, parts and materials. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
At the Compton Creamery we are a combo manufacturing Plant that manufactures quality dairy products such as bottled milk and ice cream. We promote a safe environment and develop and empower our associates through Continuous Improvement and Teamwork.
We offer a very generous benefits package, to include:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, and 401k
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts at all Ralphs & Food 4 Less stores
Optimize workforce productivity and work quality by eliminating potential delays and obstacles through proper planning and coordination of labor, parts and materials. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and schedule all maintenance work, maintain appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and report completed work results.
- Assist in the planning process and develop a file of standard work orders for recurring repairs based on historical experience.
- Develop a weekly work schedule for preventative maintenance and planned work ensuring a scheduling balance with hours available and full utilization of personnel.
- Coordinate with appropriate teams to ensure equipment availability prior to scheduling.
- Maintain a ready package of schedulable work orders requiring equipment shut downs so that work can be performed in the event of an unscheduled shutdown.
- Review work requests and work orders and ensure that the scope is clearly defined.
- Visit sites and obtain drawings and manuals and identify and obtain materials and special tools.
- Estimate the cost for each work order, including labor, material and total cost.
- Ensure completed schedules and work orders are returned at the proper time.
- Review and document completed schedules, capturing all appropriate comments in the database.
- Manage backlog of work orders.
- Review the actual labor expended versus estimated labor and materials used for completed jobs to determine corrective measures needed to improve accuracy in estimating and improving work methods.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in maintenance
- Ability to estimate work hours and materials
- Effective planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong administrative and math skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, procedures and equipment
- Working knowledge of a computer maintenance management system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of progressive experience in maintenance
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Leadership in food manufacturing