This position oversees all operational accounting activities at the Turlock, CA facility, including financial reporting, operating expense budgeting, cost accounting, internal controls, inventory, accounts payable, and fixed assets. The position will partner with the plant management to understand financial impacts of KPI’s and ensure accurate, timely and meaningful plant operations reporting and analysis
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Reporting and Functions:
- Maintains accounting systems, and processes that ensure accurate and timely presentation of plant financial results and balance sheet reconciliations
- Subject matter expert in plant KPI’s and plant yields
- Analyzes current and past trends in plant KPI’s and other metrics
- Participates in meetings with plant management on operational reviews
- Partners with operations on cost control, cost reduction, and productivity improvement initiatives
- Partners with operations to prepare and analyze capital project returns
Financial Integrity, Month-end Close and Ad-Hoc Reporting
Information Systems: (as required)
- Works with IS department on upgrades, troubleshooting problems
Ensures that all plant manufacturing reporting is accurate according to currently accepted financial practices. Responsible for the compiling and reporting against the annual plant manufacturing budget. Responsible for ensuring internal controls are implemented, and proper inventory management.
Maximizes the operating and performance capacity of the plant accounting team by developing the capabilities of the individual team members.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Participates on cross-functional teams and collaborates with other departments to improve processes and efficiencies. Effectively manages relationships with others.
Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and respect. Models behavior that is consistent with DFA#39;s core values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines and holds others accountable for the same. Aptitude to constructively challenge the status quo and drive efficiencies.
Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization. Demonstrates excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills. Executes outstanding internal customer communication and relationship building techniques.