Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Design, implement and maintain preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs.
• Oversee full wastewater treatment systems.
• Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
• Manage all processes and equipment to meet state & federal compliance requirements i.e. – air permits, WWT discharge permits, OHSA safety standards, etc.
• Maintain plant quality performance standards.
• Able to manage and direct an engineering staff and workforce
• Facilitates and fosters a teamwork oriented philosophy.
• Responsible for all of the engineering department safety related matters.
• Plans and Oversees Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects.
• Provide on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed.
• Facilitates and supports EHS programs such as hazardous waste disposal programs.
• Provides necessary training to new and existing employees.
• Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today’s new laws and efficiency standards.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Plant Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with modern equipment maintenance (TPM), high speed forming presses, electrical, chilled water systems, compressed air systems, building maintenance, waste water treatment, printing presses and curing ovens.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills – managing supervisors and hourly PM&R
• Ability and desire to work in a team oriented environment.
• Education, Experience and Certifications:
• BS level degree in Engineering or related discipline and 3-5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in capital project management, handling vendors and contractors.
• Experience in Microsoft office and CAD.
• Experience in managing repair expense budgets
• Experience in implementing and maintaining a plant preventative maintenance program
• Demonstrated ability, experience and understanding of CMMS, work orders and storeroom/spare parts processes