Corporation and its parent company, GRUMA S.A. de C.V. Mission Foods is looking for a talented Plant Engineer for its Fresno, CA Plant. Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Plant Engineer is responsible for minimizing loss time in the entire plant by maintaining the equipment in operable condition and being prepared at all times for emergency repairs.
- Develops and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Monitors the performance of the maintenance department and provides coaching and correction when necessary.
- Enforces safe work practices in the maintenance department.
- Assures that new maintenance employees are properly trained by working with the manager and supervisors to establish a comprehensive training schedule.
- Makes sure the maintenance department is submitting boiler and fire protection reports appropriately, as required.
- Documents and investigates all accidents within the maintenance department.
- Mentors the maintenance manager and ensures that person has all the tools and contacts necessary to expedite equipment repairs and work assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field required. Minimum 5 years experience in engineering/maintenance management capacity in a manufacturing environment. 3 years experience in a food processing/manufacturing plant. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
SKLLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, have good electrical skills.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations, AIB standards
- Management, strong leadership, computer and communication skills
- Exposure to Quality Systems/Lean Manufacturing preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.