Large, well established bakery/food manufacturer is looking for an experienced Plant Engineer. Offering nice salary and benefits. Please see below for job description.
The role of the Plant Engineer is to manage all maintenance systems in their entirety.
The following is a list of job descriptions for the position.
1) Develop and lead engineering and maintenance strategies
2) Direct and lead Maintenance Technicians
3) Maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession for all key positions
4) Establish policies and procedures within all areas of responsibility
5) Respond to facility issues and problems, including emergency situations, on a 24/7 basis
6) Develop and maintain contracts and equipment for, HVAC & air filtration systems, fire protection systems/equipment, outside grounds, roof, warehouse dock equipment, lighting, building shell, etc.
7) Direct work and activities of suppliers, contractors, consultants and designers, as required
8) Develop and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
9) Collaborate with Production departments on resolution of issues concerning facilities and equipment
10) Ensure compliance with federal, state and local codes
11) Responsible for maintaining the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
12) Manage projects, recommend actions and resolve problems
13) Provide leadership for the continuous improvement and optimization of manufacturing processes
14) Improve safety, quality and operational reliability
15) Provide root cause and failure analysis, as required
16) Maintain an efficient and safe working environment
17) Perform regular audits on company safety and maintenance programs
18) Prepare capital requests and justifications for improvement projects
19) Examine, review and approve purchase orders, blueprint designs and specifications
20) Review and improve procedures, safety programs and audit findings
21) Ensure maintenance team are completing safety PMs, safety team meetings and safety inspections
22) Validate systems and establish optimal set points and limits
23) Ensure that all work is done safely, on time, with high quality results and in a cost effective manner
24) Identify, design and implement reliability improvements focused on increased equipment availability and reduced life-cycle cost
- Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory
- Recent experience in the bakery and snack foods industry is strongly preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with recent experience in plant engineering