The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our Idaho Plant - Caldwell, ID. Caldwell boasts great community events, many outdoor recreational activities, and several wineries.
Support operational efforts of the facility by providing technical solutions to plant production and maintenance, as well as other support departments. Is responsible to lead, participate and manage factory projects to increase process productivity, efficiency, safety and environmental compliance.
- The Plant Engineer is a member of the Engineering/Maintenance team and is a participative member and contributor to the Total Predictive Maintenance program.
- Is a member of the Asset Management, Process Safety Management (PSM) and Environmental, Health and Safety (ES&H) Audit teams.
- Is responsible for supporting, managing, or implementing Food Safety and Product Quality standards.
- Use good engineering principles (GEP) to resolve plant issues and demonstrates ability to apply engineering principles to solve technical issues.
- Contributes to successful design or process completion by participating in the resolution of plant/project issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Ability to direct junior engineers and interns, with project and/or daily activities.
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation and management of documentation.
- Develop plant engineering and maintenance standards.
- Is a project manager and is able to manage all aspects of a project (or multiple projects), including selection and field management of contractors, monitoring completion of projects to deadlines of phases, within scope, and within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
- Is the project lead and process owner for all capital improvement initiatives.
- Assists in determining scope and objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design or process.
- Ability to prepare and present information to plant and group senior management on technical topics.
- Can be called upon to help resolve any unplanned equipment, utility or facility downtime.
- Contributes to planning and execution of all planned Plant Downtime and Maintenance activities.
- Bachelor#39;#39;s Degree from 4 year college or university
- 5 plus years, preferably FOOD production experience.
Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY External Candidates:Visit www.simplot.com/careersSelect Job SearchSelect Current OpportunitiesSelect All Open PositionsApply to Job ID## 5409 Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply. When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. **The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**