Must have or be willing to develop all of the skills and experience necessary to fulfill all expectations of the plant electrician position, as per the standard of apprenticeship agreement between the company and AFGM 399. Must be familiar with all state and governmental regulations and codes, such as NEC and OSHA.
The candidate will be expected to be able to perform all necessary activities related to facility and equipment electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. The individual must also develop skills and knowledge for application and programming of PLC’s, as well as conventional electrical circuitry and control systems. Candidate must be able to interpret schematics, blueprints, logic and wiring diagrams. The successful candidate must provide an adequate level of personal tools to effectively and efficiently perform all of the required duties. Successful applicant will also be expected to keep up with electrical upgrades and changes.
All Electrician personnel work must be recorded/initialed on a daily basis in the “Department Electrician Log Book”.
- Abide by applicable NEC code.
- Applicant must possess adequate literacy skill to perform the job and maintain very high-level record keeping and documentation.
- Be physically capable of performing the lifting and manual labor associated with the job.
- Be capable of operating automatic equipment.
- Be a responsible, self-motivated, punctual and reliable individual.
- Be willing to work as a team member.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
Plant Electrician Skills Requirements:
- Must have at least 3-5 years of manufacturing electrician experience.
- A 2-year electrical technician degree or equivalent training is required.
- A Master Electrician license is preferred.
- Experience with PLC, ladder logic, Basic, and C programming is preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical problems using amp and voltmeters, relay flags, and other specialized meters and instrumentation equipment.
- Must work safely, as not to jeopardize the safety of him/herself, or others in the area.
- Willing to do additional duties as assigned.
- Abide by Teasdale Foods, Inc. standards for grooming appearance and work habits.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift licenses and abide by the forklift rules.
- Must be physically capable of performing the lifting required up to the 100## limit.
- Applicant will have a trial period of 90 days to demonstrate their abilities.