AAK USA, Inc.
PLANT EHS MANAGER-Richmond, CA
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together
At AAK, we are Making Better Leadership Happen and inspiring our 4,000 colleagues globally. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovation and continuous improvement to mobilize teams, manage change and drive the business. Our AAK Global Leadership Universe platform provides career resources including a strong collaborative network with other leaders
Join us in building a better future with us as a Plant EHS Manager. The Plant EHS Manager technically advises and leads all EH&S practices and programs to protect the employees, customers, and the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and implements corporate EH&S programs, policies, procedures, training, and reporting
- Champions organizational compliance, evaluating workplace environments, equipment and practices of all safety standards and government regulations
- Guides management of hazards associated with process safety management, ensuring comprehensive program is maintained to integrate technologies, procedures, and management practices
- Conducts chemical and SDS risk assessment as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls and other regulatory requirements are applicable
- Develops and implements environmental strategies in the work place, auditing and analyzing environmental practices for sustainability (including workplace pollution control, waste management and recycling) for assigned location(s).
- Undertakes regular statutory compliance audits, PSM, JSA process reviews, and QA assessment of safety management systems
- Directs accident investigation programs, reports or reviews findings, note trends, and develop programs for improving performance
- Provides and communicates employee safety training and communication programs, Contingency Planning, Emergency Response, and H&S evaluations / implementation
- Sets environmental and safety priorities and goals consistent with corporate objectives.
- Specifies EH&S guidelines and directives for internal governance and internal controls
- Acts on quantitative measurements and coordinates solutions, presentations, and detailed reporting on safety performance and continuous improvements
- Establishes cross functional teams to coordinate delivery of compliant, safety performance
- Defines solutions which support EHS policy integration into facility operations
- Determines improvements which provide reliable, successful EH&S programs
- 8 - 10 years management, safety, and/or operational experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or other related field of study
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
- Knowledge of food processing, gmp, mechanical engineering, vegetable oil and hydrogen plant operations helpful
- Lead and direct the work of others with strong team orientation, ability to influence, and collaborate with all levels of leadership
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal and communicative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and ERP applications
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for federal and state programs, processes and program implementation strategies
- Experience and judgment to perform a variety of complex tasks
- Skilled in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and work directly with plant managers and supervisors at each location providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, now and in the future
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
- Leadership development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
- Health Savings Account with AAK annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Free Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
- Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
- Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
- Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen™