Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Plant Controller is responsible for providing financial support to the Manufacturing facility to enhance profitability through detailed understanding and review of plant costs. The Controller will leverage finance tools and processes to drive clarity of results to influence operations leadership. Individual will create or sustain a strong controls environment with focus on accurately representing plant costs, assets and liabilities and leverage this strong understanding of the accounting to model and create opportunities for cost improvement.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs starting with the bill of materials and item costs, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Reports variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and takes corrective action. Accountable for the performance of the plant, explaining all production variances on a weekly / monthly basis as well as participating in the proactive measures to reduce variances from standard cost.
- Analyzes and models changes in product design, raw materials, overhead, manufacturing methods, etc., for effects on production costs.
- Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance with GAAP
- Assists with estimating, tracking, and reporting costs associated with new product development and contract manufacturing partners.
- Assists in developing, installing, and maintaining cost accounting methods and procedures.
- Carries out with appreciable latitude for actions and decisions all aspects of difficult projects that are broad in nature and require originality and/or ingenuity.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- May serve as technical resource to others in the resolution of complex problems, and orient, train, assign, mentor, and review the work of others. Acts as subject matter expert in understanding and interpreting accounting principles.
- Support plant/corporate Enabler (cost savings) programs toward driving YoY productivity improvements.
- Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX compliance.
- Supports the Plant / Division Controller
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- Independent; works under only minimal instructions and expected to determine how to accomplish the work assignments.
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities but does act in a lead role.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Good working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Good understanding of process standard cost accounting.
- Must have a proven record of success as a strategically oriented financial manager with knowledge of cost accounting, production planning and operations analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to seek resources as needed.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented focus and approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access).
- Power BI Experience preferred.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Very strong organizational and business process skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently on a variety of assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately determine deadlines.
- Must understand process flows and have an above average understanding of process capabilities within their facilities.
- SAP experience preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelor s degree in Accounting / Finance and a minimum of 5+ years of direct experience in the field required. CPA or CMA is preferred.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the plant.
Travel is required 5% of the time.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.