Position Function and Scope: Coordinate the purchasing, production, planning and scheduling for fresh and remanufactured fruit production and assist with management of finished goods inventories. Directly manages the procurement of all Ingredients and Materials.
Responsibilities: Production Scheduling
* Obtain production requirements from PPIC.
* Remanufacturing: Determine monthly production foreach item based on plan efficiencies and budget requirements. Fresh: Review PPIC requirements and advise if production can be accomplished as planned. If not, make changes to the seasonal planand notify PPIC of changes due to line constraints or other constrictions.
* Issue daily production plan to materials group, production staff and PPIC. Advise of any pack or labeling priorities and issueproduction/labeling instructions to plant.
* Manage brite inventories and bulk inventories. Ensure in-house brite inventories are at the lowest level possible prior to Fresh Pack.
* Calculate bulk requirements per week and ensure adequate in-house supplies.
* Report surplus or shortages of production to the Production Manager and PPIC.
* Monitor Finished Goods Inventory to ensure superior customer service and shelf-life issues.
* Communicate pack dates to PPIC and outside support resources. Communicate tonnage requirements to Field Group. Communicateswith Accounting in Modesto on production requirements and changes.
* Execute labeling plan.
* Publish Daily Actual Production versus Planned (balance to pack).
* Assist with compliance of local, state, federal, and corporate foods safety regulatory standards.
* Quality and Food Safety - Overall responsible for finished product quality, food safety and legality, within functional area. Maintainsstandards and adjust processes to meet Del Monte standards and customer expectations. Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Del Monte Foods Quality Systems to assure compliance with quality and food safety requirements. Purchasing
* Responsible for managing the delivery of materials and supplies to the plant to meet production requirements.
* Responsible to liaison with vendors, Product Development and Corporate Purchasing to meet plant requirements and identify and test newpackaging and ingredients materials.
* Release materials and supplies to meet production requirements from corporate contracts.
* Monitor contractual agreements to ensure vendor compliance to corporate standards.
* Provide resource and coordination for Materials and Ingredients purchasing related functions.
* Monitor M&S inventories for potential obsolete items and manage the disposition of approved disposals.
* Responsible for development of departmental FPC budget, prioritize spending to meet financial targets, and minimize obsolete materialsand carrying cost of M&S inventory.
* Review and enforce company and plant standards as issued by regional and corporate quality, planning, and purchasing authorities.
* Direct and supervise the Purchasing and Planning personnel. Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or applicable major or equivalent applicable experience
* Minimum five (5) years of Purchasing and/or Production Scheduling.
* Advance skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
* Prior experience with automated purchasing systems.
* Prior experience with plant production scheduling.
* Knowledge of SAP strongly preferred.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Must have ability to work with deadlines and commitments and able to work occasional weekends.? WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled