Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 9000 employees in over 70 countries. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
The Planning & Materials Manager is a member of the facility leadership team with functional responsibility for capacity planning, materials management/flow, and production scheduling
1. Responsible to continuously optimize the supply chain materials functions including demand planning, production planning, and production scheduling.
2. Ensure efficient work center loads, lead times and material availability to meet customer order requirements.
3. Key leader in the collaborative relationship between engineering, production, purchasing and quality assurance to ensure a quality process and product is delivered on time and in full meeting customer expectations.
4. Implement best practices in ERP planning and logistics processes leveraging related systems for planning, MRP, production, and raw material inventory management. Must be a driver of lean manufacturing and a lean culture.
5. Must have SAP knowledge and experience using the system in production planning.
6. Timely management of delivery schedule plan, with an eye toward continuous improvement in existing practices, including development and implementation of effective corrective actions when supply chain, materials, production planning, and warehousing issues are identified.
7. Review and suggest corrections of bill of material and routing errors, nomenclature errors, and other scheduling-related issues.
8. Monthly reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI#39;s) as outlined by the plant leadership team.
9. Set goals, coach and hold accountable direct reports to benchmark and implement supply chain, material and production planning best practices to promote continuous improvement.
10. Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
11. Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production
12. Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
13. Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
14. Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
15. Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
16. Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
17. Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
18. Create and maintain schedules.
19. Use workers and resources in the most effective manner.
20. Provide quick responses to production issues.
21. Identify problems and help improve processes.
22. Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Minimum - Relevant 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Years Of Experience
- 3 yearsin a planning role
1. Proficient SAP experience is a critical MUST
2. Preferred CSCP, CPIM certification
3. Production experience preferably in FDA regulated industries
4. Experience in supply chain system for raw materials
5. Experience in purchasing is a plus
6. Experience with power BI systems is a plus.
7. Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills a plus