PLANNING AND INVENTORY CONTROL ANALYST
Reports to: Sr. VP of Operations
Back up: Sr. VP of Operations
Effective date: September 8, 2021
The Planning and Inventory Control Analyst will be responsible for planning, purchasing, analyzing, and inventory control of all items related to production packaging for the company.
- Purchases packaging supplies, materials, and parts for the company.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability; directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Develops and maintains inventory databases for supplies and materials used.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times.
- Reviews purchase orders and contracts for compliance with company and departmental policies.
- Collaborates with sales, planning, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the planning and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Purchases large and complex items.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management, required.
- At least five years of buying or purchasing experience required.
- ERP system experience, required.