Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES
The Packaging Machine Operator, under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient, and continuous operation of snack packaging machinery.
- Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by monitoring codes, dates, and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all packaging materials available for each machine.
- Adjusts machine micrologic set-up as needed to maintain an efficient and low waste operation.
- Understands and demonstrates the necessary skills involved to efficiently operate packaging equipment in so far as, but not limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper running, procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and shutdown.
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently change from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut-off of film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as required.
- Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
- Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as required.
- Properly accounts for product run-off and handles this product accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product.
- Keeps machines and work areas clean,, wipes packaging machines off and blows down the area when required.
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance Mechanic or Supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- May provide leadership and direction to packers.
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment (including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more than 50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable): Occasionally
- Two-Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling: Frequently
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Kneeling: Seldom
- Low Work Sitting: Seldom
- Squat: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Seldom
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 60 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.