A family-owned Group serving customers globally, Roquette is a leader in speciality food ingredients and pharmaceutical excipents.
The products and solutions developed by the Group deliver proven technological, nutritional and health benefits precisely tailored to the pharma, nutrition, food and selected industry markets.
Roquette's offer is produced from plant-based raw materials such as corn, wheat, potatoes and peas.
Since its foundation over 80 years ago, the Group's growth has been based on innovation, a passion for the job and a commitment to achieve.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.Innovation is the heart of our strategy. The R&D function supports the GBUs' strategies (Pharma, Food and Industry) by deploying specific sciences and technologies, which contribute to supporting the current activity and the existing processes, innovating and thus creating better solutions, ingredients and formulations for our customers.
The R&D teams are working on:
o Developing new solutions in accordance with the strategies and priorities set by the GBU and the Projects Platforms in the context of the PMT (medium-term plan)
o Exploring new opportunities, based on macro-trends, overall trends, needs of the markets and the customers
o Supporting the existing activity with the different technological and scientific skills
A career with Roquette will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference as you work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry.
Roquette America's Customer Innovation Center in Geneva, Illinois, is home, to leaders paving the way for Roquette's future. The individuals you will connect with day-to-day are creating innovative solutions impacting your everyday life in pharmaceutical, nutrition, food and other applications.
Pilot plant and laboratory support for product and process development
- Provide process and pilot support to R&D team for protein technology development and pilot trials
- Execute lab process and pilot experiments defined by R&D process engineers and protein chemists following equipment SOP's and operating standards
- Maintain food processing plant sanitation standards, including equipment CIP and other cleaning as needed
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, and basic trouble shooting of lab and pilot equipment
- Operate forklift to organize/manage storage room for raw materials and equipment
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, safe and well-organized working environment in the pilot plant, storage room, and boiler room.
- Assists Process Development staff with receipt of products and ingredients, storage of samples, accurately weighing ingredients and products, preparing products and samples for testing and evaluation in both the lab and pilot plant.
- Maintain pilot plant equipment and documentation as required by GMP programs.
- Perform all duties with accuracy for quality results.
- Identify and communicate equipment and facility improvement options/issues to supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally friendly workplace with good team spirits
- Min 1 year experience in industrial environment with chemical or food processing pilot plant.
- BS or BA from an accredited 4 year program in food science, biotechnology, or related field
- High school diploma acceptable with adequate experience level and demonstrated capability
- Demonstrated hands on experience of pilot equipment operation and basic maintenance and troubleshooting capability
- Knowledge of: Basic mechanical repair of food pilot plant equipment. Machine shop skills a plus.
- Ability to: Maintain a safe and orderly work environment, maintain, record, and review SOPs, proper communication skills, work independently, exercise initiative and good judgment, and solve routine problems without assistance. Safely operate propane and electrical forklift trucks, climb ladders, frequently lift, carry and/or push light to heavy materials as well as stand and walk most of the day. Flexibility to easily transition from one task to another
- Knowledge of vegetable protein process is a plus.
- Occasional travel for external pilot trial (up to 10%) is required
Roquetteis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!