Picker Packer - 2nd Shift
Schedule: Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 10:30pm
Rate of Pay: $15.77 (including shift differential)
From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the All Natural Baking Vanilla Extract, Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
The Watkins Company has an opening for a Full Time, Picker/Packer, located in our Winona, MN location. The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Picks orders (individual or full cases) per picking instructions utilizing the picking system or scanning guns.
- Verifies picked items and quantities are accurate by utilizing pick reports.
- Labels individual items or boxes per picking instructions.
- Scans, packages, and labels product orders as outlined in the packing nd shipping instructions.
- Operates a hand truck and pallet jack as needed for full case picking of orders.
- Operates and monitors the computer system to ensure accurate input and output.
- Performs general housekeeping and cleanup on and around the distribution center during throughout the shift and on downtime.
Our ideal candidate will have at minimum:
- High School Diploma or GED and demonstrate applicable reading and math skills.
- Previous experience working in a distribution center or warehouse - preferred.
- The ability to adapt to changing working environments.
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize deductive reasoning to evaluate solutions.
- Successfully completed and passed a strength assessment examination and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
In addition to working in a strategic, dynamic and collaborative work environment, with a tight knit team, The Watkins Company offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance as well as a generous PTO package available upon hire and 401k.
The Watkins Company is an equal opportunity employer.