Requisition ID 31853
Position Type (US)Full Time
Career FunctionResearch and Development
Posting Type LI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it#39;s how we#39;ve become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it#39;s building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Our Beloit, WI location is home to our Corporate Headquarters for the North American Region. This location has approximately 700 employees at this location that in roles such as regulatory, RD&A, finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. It is easily commutable from the Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee areas. You#39;ll enjoy your time inside and outside of the office as we offer a full cafeteria, fitness center, and beautiful walking paths around the campus. This location is involved and committed to giving back to the community multiple times throughout the year through our Kerry Employee Engagement Program volunteering with various organizations.
The RD&A Technician will support the Kerry s new Pet Nutrition Group, and the growing pet food, treats, and supplement categories. In this role, the Technician will work with other members of the Kerry RD&A and EUM Pet team to support the lab activities, ordering, purchasing, and receiving lab supplies, maintaining inventory of the equipment and tools. Execute protocols, producing and shipping samples, maintaining lab equipment, supporting Kerry s ways of working and using Kerry software and systems such as Optiva 4Pets, Sales Force, etc.
What would you do?
- Ordering, purchasing & receiving lab supplies, maintaining inventory, and shipping of specialized samples.
- Accurately maintaining purchasing records, preparation and submission of required paperwork as needed to the accounting department.
- Responsible to general lab and equipment maintenance such as routine equipment calibration, performing or arranging for basic repairs and scheduling routine maintenance.
- Follow all SOPs and execute on small scale projects without close supervision, collecting, preparing and/or testing samples. Receive protocols, read, understand and execute them in lab, serve as a lab resource to support the R&D staff.
- Preparation of protocols, technical reports, standard operating procedure (SOP s).
- Communicate effectively and interact with other groups within Kerry when necessary (commercialization groups/ marketing/ production).
What will you need to be successful?
- Undergraduate in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related science field preferred. Some experience in the human food or pet food industry will be an advantage.
- Internship in related field or applicable food processing and technology experience.
- Some background in food chemistry, sensory, microbiology, food packaging systems and food processing or chemical engineering preferred and ability to drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be foundhere. Additional information can also be here.