The Payroll Timekeeping Specialist is responsible for all payroll/timekeeping related activities necessary to accurately process bi-weekly payroll for Blues City Brewery according to payroll schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all timekeeping-related activities necessary for the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly monthly payrolls.
- On a daily basis, review and clear exceptions found on the daily task tab. On a daily basis, review and clear exceptions turned in via the exception reports turned in by departmental supervisors.
- On a daily basis, record all approved vacation requests, RTO’s (request for time off), and work assignment switch forms into the employee record in eTime.
- Works directly with all local departments and the corporate office to resolve any problems or discrepancies with timekeeping.
- Updates and maintains solid documentation on all payroll procedures and practices. Recommends changes to processes to ensure compliance with new regulations or as a best practice approach. Stays abreast of changing laws that may impact payroll.
- Works with associates and managers to answer questions regarding payroll matters.
- Generates payroll related reports for accounting purposes.
- Must be willing to work the hours needed to process payroll accurately and timely.
- Works closely with BCB associates by insuring tax forms, insurance applications and other payroll/benefits related forms are completed correctly.
- Acts as a backup to the front desk reception area.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Payroll Specialist. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting required;
- Bachelor’s degree and or professional certification preferred. 3 – 5 years of payroll experience required;
- Experience with timekeeping responsibilities for a 24/7 manufacturing facility preferred.
- Must be proficient in web-based payroll and timekeeping software i.e. (ADP or Kronos) Previous experience working with general ledger and accounting systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of state and federal employment law and regulations required.
- A demonstrated customer service orientation. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments and maintain strict adherence to payroll processing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must possess effective analytical, problem solving, administrative and organizational skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.