Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world#39;s largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan#39;s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook#39;s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly#39;s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The Corporate Payroll Specialist is responsible for supporting in-house payroll processing (i.e. no outsourced functions) centralized at our corporate office. Position reports to Payroll Manager and works closely with corporate and field team members.
- Assists in processing payroll cycles for multiple states and local tax jurisdictions, following weekly and biweekly pay schedules.
- Audits timecard records for compliance following set Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Analyzes and calculates weekly paychecks.
- Upholds contract requirements, federal, state, and local regulations, and departmental Service Level Agreement.
- Interprets, responds to, and processes garnishment orders in compliance with Federal, State and Local Agency wage assignments.
- Reviews data entry of Form W4, Direct Deposit, and maintain files.
- Request and distribute third-party payments and support that result from payroll deductions.
- Balances and transmits electronic payroll files.
- Problem solve, support field staff, and provide superior employee service.
- Prints and distributes paychecks and paystubs.
- Works closely with Payroll Department team members in ensuring all payroll duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of relevant experience; required.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree, preferred.
- SAP HCM, Kronos, Workforce Software or in-house payroll processing experience, preferred.
- Moderate skill-set in using Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Excel), required.
- Strong accounting, math and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.