Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF#39;s business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Payroll Manager. This role will be based in our corporate headquarters in Needham, MA.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for coordinating and processing a weekly payroll using ADP Workforce Now (WFN). This position will also work closely with the Human Resources team on compliance, wage laws, benefits administration and reporting.
- Accurately enter and maintain data for multi-state weekly payroll processing for >500 employees through ADP Workforce Now (WFN). Generate and process temporary labor invoicing weekly
- Generate, create and maintain reports related to payroll including but not limited to taxes, garnishments, earnings, deductions and headcount and other ad-hoc requests
- Detect and reconcile any payroll discrepancies including communication to affected employees/managers
- Work with ADP to ensure complete and accurate quarterly, annual and monthly tax filings, process accurate W-2 records and oversee distribution
- Ensure payroll recordkeeping meets organizational and legal requirements
- Serve as subject matter expert on all payroll-related practices and provide guidance on state/federal regulations to ensure full compliance
- Maintain technical knowledge by continuing educational classes, attending workshop/seminars and participation in professional societies
- Work closely with Human Resources on:
- EEOC, Affirmative Action, Form 5500 and various other governmental reporting
- Processing of new hire, promotions, pay adjustments and terminations for accurate records and timely pay processing
- Implementing additional systems to integrate with ADP
- Processing and providing support on time-off tracking/reporting
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Payroll Manager will support the finance team with the following:
- Maintain and improve financial forecast analysis related to all wages
- Create presentations/communications/reports to provide support on current business results
- Act as the finance liaison to the Benefits Manager for Group Insurance/Workers Comp financial analysis and dashboard reporting
- Bachelor#39;s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll processing/administration or equivalent experience in a related field
- Proficiency with ADP WFN, or other advanced system with willingness to learn WFN
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Payroll law knowledge to include FLSA, pay laws, state and federal tax
- Self-starter who is flexible and a quick learner with strong attention to details
- Ability to think analytically and identify process improvements
- Team player with strong collaborative communication skills and an ability to work well across departments and levels
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is a plus
- Bi-Lingual in Portuguese/Creole/Spanish is a plus
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.