Finance, with a dotted line to HR
The Payroll & Benefits Manager is responsible for administering and managing payroll and benefits for the Corporate office, as well as assisting local plant HR personnel in driving efficiencies in payroll and benefits administration using technology and automation. The ideal candidate operates successfully in a hands-on role at both a strategic and tactical level to assess and anticipate Payroll and customer service needs, recommend solutions, and manage shared resources to deliver results. The ideal candidate will also have previous payroll/benefits experience using ADP in a manufacturing environment, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven. This candidate will be focused and have strong communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes, prepares, and uploads payroll data. Uses ADP to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Continuously analyze federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely and accurate payroll tax compliance for all entities and jurisdictions.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor all controls, procedures and standards to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401k(k) and wellness benefits.
- Assist in benefits orientations (train on the “self-enrollment” system).
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives. Reconcile employee benefit deductions to invoices paid to vendors and deposits made to benefit accounts
- Administer COBRA.
- Assist DOHR in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the Company.
- Assist site HR Managers in setting up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand Company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Prepare and maintain monthly employee reports, new-hire and terminations. Maintain and update Company organizational charts, phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
- Support external compliance and 401-K plan audits.
- Review ADP monthly invoices to ensure appropriate charges for services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- 7 – 10 years of progressive payroll/benefits experience in a multi-state organization.
- BA in Business Administration, accounting, finance or related field
- Experience in managing payroll system upgrades, time tracking, and/or absence management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with ADP product implementation, system enhancements, Workforce Now and Enhanced eTime
- A strong analytical mindset that supports and measures best practices and achievement of company goals.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Work experience in a manufacturing work environment.
- Union payrolls
- ADP systems implementation and operations
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is a plus
- Communication Proficiency (maintain the strictest of confidentiality).
- Results driven.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and analytical skills.
- Problem solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Aptitude to tackle and manage projects, independently, from start to completion.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Financial Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Excellent recordkeeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while consistently meeting deadlines
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities although will be working closely with local plant HR personnel to drive efficiencies and effectiveness of payroll and benefit processes.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Teasdale is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.