Overview & Responsibilities
The Payroll Administrative Assistant will provide excellent payroll support to the Reed City team. This role will also provide a wide variety of administrative tasks in support of the plant. This role will be an integral part of coordinating payroll, reconciliation, auditing, coordinating plant-wide activities, events and supporting various initiatives and serve as a resource to others as needed. It is essential the individual demonstrates exceptional drive and confidentiality, while having the ability to collaborate effectively to support the plant with activities. This position will serve as the interface with employees on payroll questions and ensure pay practices are in line with plant policies. It is essential the individual demonstrates exceptional drive and confidentiality, while having the ability to collaborate effectively to support the plant with activities.
Successful incumbent in this position may have the opportunity to be promoted in other functions in the plant including but not limited to Logistics, Finance, or Operations.
This position reports directly to the HR Manager and may be required to periodically flex work hours to meet business requirements as needed.
- Payroll - This administrator owns the payroll specialist tasks including daily allocations, submitting payroll, following up on missed punches, running reports, audits, safety shoe reimbursements, annual rate increases, knowledge of contractual pay rules, etc. (50%)
- Attendance - This position is responsible for daily attendance processing and be the point of contact for attendance point questions (10%)
- Event Planning - This position supports plant wide events including the annual Christmas party, ZIP Day, the Veterans#39; Meal, etc. (15%)
- Plant Buyer - Orders plant supplies that are not in Maximo including office supplies, forms, tags, etc. (10%)
- Point of Contact - This position has ownership for employee keycards, copiers, lunchroom vending, lockers, rugs, shredding, mail, Fed-Ex, incoming calls, and Christmas cards. (15%)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Highly organized with the ability to maintain standard processes
- Exceptional customer service capability.
- Solid computer Skills (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc.)
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Accounting or Finance