Rana is an international Company known and present in over 60 countries, leader of fresh pasta in the world with a turnover close to the 1 billion $. Founded by Giovanni Rana in 1962, the company has been led for over 30 years by Gian Luca Rana, Managing director and creator of the internationalization project that has led the Group to become a world leader in the filled pasta, smooth pasta, gnocchi, dishes ready meals and sauces. Unlike the traditional nature of the category to which it belongs, the Rana Group has always made of innovation its strength, both in the technological field (with the registration of dozens of product and process patents) and in communication.
Rana focuses its investments in the following areas: the creation of jobs (doubled in the last five years), the research and development; the continuous search for the best quality through the selection of the top raw materials, with the aim of offering consumers only unique products.
Today Rana has 8 factories (5 in Italy, 1 in Belgium and 2 in the US) and it is a large family of 3,500 people who share the same values. The engines of Rana#39;s development are innovation, internationalization, the enhancement of talents, passion and the constant search for excellence.
The Part Room Attendant / Maintenance Assistant provides support to the maintenance and all other departmental teams through the effective and efficient identification, sourcing and purchasing of parts and equipment to maintain manufacturing operations. This support position is considered to be a key role in the maintenance department. The role has the responsibility of improving the department’s effectiveness by improving the parts rooms overall structure, being able to implement procedures and processing to streamline the department operations to maintain the correct inventory of parts needed to reduce production downtime. Additionally, this role will be required to assist the maintenance department in completing facility equipment and systems PM’s and assigned Work Orders.
Parts Room Attendant
• Utilize current maintenance department computer based management system to develop and maintain the required parts and equipment inventory to reduce equipment and system failures.
• Improve current system data by pro-actively reviewing current system entry data to insure accuracy, correcting errors, organizing and streamlining the parts ordering, receiving and inventory control processes through the development of processes and procedures.
• Identify and work with suppliers to source and supply the highest quality and lowest cost parts and equipment to maintain manufacturing operations. Maintaining vendor relationships identifying new vendors and being able to negotiate
• Independently and Pro-actively maintain open lines of communication with co-workers both departmentally and interdepartmentally to review all equipment parts requirements to insure that the correct parts, materials and equipment are stocked at the correct levels to meet financial objectives.
• Insure that the part, material and equipment ordering, receiving, stocking, distribution and tracking processes are followed and maintained.
• Conduct periodic cycle counts and physical inventories.
• Identify slow moving or obsolete inventory and advise disposition
• Ability to be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a regular basis
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of Administrative experience
• Good verbal and written communication skills (Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with suppliers & interdepartmentally with co-workers)
• Able to work well independently as well as with individuals and with groups as a team member to solve problems.
• Specific skill based competencies required to perform functions of the job are as follows: Operation of standard office equipment, use of basic computer software(Word, Excel & PowerPoint), ability to learn and operate department specific software systems, preparing and maintaining accurate records and data entry.
• Ability to review, research, develop and write procedures based on equipment operational and parts manuals.
• Maintenance department work experience performing PM’s and completing Work Orders
• Maintenance / Mechanical background and experience
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status or sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, and any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.