Part Time Sensory Technician
Gainesville Science Center
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Part Time Sensory Technician
- Analyze food samples for various physical and/or sensory attributes based on standardized procedures
- Use equipment such as a scale, caliper, viscometer, and colorimeter to evaluate the physical quality of a food product.
- Set up your workstation for testing; which includes delivery and pickup of individual samples, basic daily cleanup, overall general scientific knowledge and conforming to expected behavior when exposed to external panelists and/or customers.
- Track samples as they are moved through testing.
- Ensure communication with other groups regarding sample arrivals as well as sensory and physical test schedules and samples that are still needed to complete physical analysis or sensory sessions.
- Maintain accurate data records within Excel, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), and RedJade sensory software.
- Report all errors to Supervisor; assist in investigation for non-conformances.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Must have a basic knowledge of Sensory to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- General knowledge of basic preparation practices as well as documentation of practices is necessary to provide accurate records to clients.
- Must understand sensory tests relative to general workflow, batch and kitchen sheets and be able to read any of the documents to perform tasks within the department.
- Basic bench skills understanding the importance of measurements and overall good lab practices is necessary to uphold the integrity of the testing performed.
- A general knowledge of the Sensory Information Management System is required to process and record client testing data.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
- A basic familiarity with preparation tools, utensils commonly used in prep kitchen is necessary to prepare samples.
- A general knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button