Job Title: PALLETIZER OPERATOR
Department: Vinegar Bottling
Reports To: Bottling Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Palletizer Operator performs duties to setup and monitor palletizing and wrapping operations, case coders, as well as, case sealers. The Palletizer Operator inputs data into PC to record production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setup palletizer inputting correct pattern layout and pallet types.
- Setup shrink wrapper inputting speed and rotation program.
- Monitor operations, clearing jams and replacing wrap as needed.
- Ability to setup and monitor Case coders and case sealers.
- Restack / stack cases by hand as needed.
- Tape open cases as needed.
- Operate PC to input data for production recording.
- Fill in on bottling line as needed.
- Clean and sanitize area as needed.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ability to palletize for both vinegar and mustard lines in plants where applicable.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work and function in a team environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to use hand tools.