Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Under the supervision of the Packaging Supervisor or Production Supervisor, packs product according to case count and quality specifications.
- Ensures product units being packed are to quality and product specifications, including color, weight, height, length, appearance, and core temperature.
- Packs production units in cases, according to case pack specifications
- Inserts master case liner, baking instructions, and retail bags, as needed in formed cases, & ensures that finished cases have been accurately coded and identified.
- Places finished cases on pallets properly, and labels pallets correctly,& records packaging documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepares box cartons with accurate labels for packaged products, and/or ensures that box labeler is accurately labeling cases.
- Operates various packaging equipment, which may include but is not limited to metal detectors, product counters, case erector/bag inserters, conveyors, box labelers, box tapers, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, and bag counters.
- Alerts Packaging Foreman, Packaging Lead or Production Supervisor when metal detector is kicking off product units, or when other machinery is not functioning properly.
- Places palletized cases in the holding freezer.
- Maintains sufficient materials for the Packaging Department, including but not limited to pallets, box cartons, box carton tape, master case inserts, baking instructions, pallet tags, correct retail bags, and correct box labels.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Education: Spanish and/or English literacy - elementary level.
- Experience: Previous experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred. Forklift certification preferred.
- License/Certification: No certifications or licenses are required. Forklift certification helpful.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.