Packer Team Member
Guelph, Ontario - Nights 11:30 pm - 7:30 am, Sunday to Thursday
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
- Required to visually inspect the flow of product through various stages of the packaging process.
- Place proper quantities of product in each box; Check code dates, prices, fold and tape box
- Stack correct number of boxes appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern.
- Required to rotate through the various packaging workstations on all packaging lines.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping, light equipment cleaning as required
What you bring to the table
- Strong communication skills – must be able to accurately express information concerning production quality and safety
- Require good hand, eye coordination
- Responsible for ensuring that the work they perform meets the Company’s finished product “Quality” expectations
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management & organizational skills
- Work well within a team environment
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (25 lbs)
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan and a great group of people to work with every day!
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer’s Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
This is your invitation to apply now!