Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Base hourly pay: $14.85 plus .75 shift differential
Prepares cartons, packing product, final quality inspection and palletizing of product. Packages materials and products manually by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Attend pre-shift start-up meetings for team/business communication.
- Prepares cardboard cartons for product packing by supplying the packing station, folding, taping, and labeling cartons, and placing cartons on the work table.
- Prepares cardboard trays for product packing by supplying the packing station, stapling carton ends together, and placing trays on the work table; operates tray making or stapling machines.
- Inspects and certifies final product before packing by checking bag weights, codes and prices, bag and caddy seals. Removes unsuitable product and communicates persistent packaging problems to supervisor.
- Fills cartons/display cartons appropriately and to standard. Ensures that products are packaged in boxes with appropriate corresponding labels; places proper quantities of product in each carton/tray; properly packs bags; tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays appropriately on skids using correct stacking pattern from spec sheets.
- Keeps work area clean. Clears loose product from turntable; discards defective bags, boxes, trays; assists in sweeping the floor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores packaging room supplies in designated areas. Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job related injuries to supervisor.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Knowledge and Skill Requirements perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); along with related experience and/or training.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.