Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under supervision, the Packager is responsible for hand or machine packaging of product, inspecting finished product and packaging; and transporting product from the production area to the staging and/or shipping area. All Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as actions that support team work, safety, efficiency, good housekeeping and GMP adherence are to be followed.
The ability to perform all the duties of the position and department is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Company reserves the right to change or amend the position and essential duties as business necessitates.
1. Make or form correct product boxes and/or stock packaging material.
2. Stock area with product.
3. By hand, or while tending and/or operating packaging equipment process, package and pack product into correct container, including line packaging and tote and bulk filling.
- a. Tend packer equipment observing operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- b. Pack acceptable product and packaging as appropriate and defined in customer/quality profile.
- c. Remove, discard or rework product that fails to meet specifications in accordance with process.
- d. Stack finished packaged items, cartons or containers onto pallets/skids.
- e. Attach identification labels to finished packaged items.
- f. Using a mechanized or power-assisted pallet jack or forklift, move finished product to shrink wrap and/or staging area, as instructed.
- g. Accurately count and record finished and rejected items, or enter into computer for Inventory/Quality Assurance.
- h. May load packaging materials to insure continuous feed and operation which may require adjusting speed and/or timing
4. Keep the work areas clean, sweep, wash, remove waste and record it, as appropriate.
5. May load/unload semi-trailers by hand or by operation of powered devices.
6. Provide back-up for other positions such as Sanitor, Baking Process Operator, etc. as needed.
7. May assist the Lead in accounting for, and when requested, coordinating the activities of temporary employees and their compliance with all policies.
8. Recommend areas and potential solutions for improvement to appropriate departmental management to maintain a continuous improvement culture.
9. Protect team members and company safety and security through reporting and stopping occurrences such as damage to product and/or property, theft, product tampering and questionable behavior.
10. Maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers, and co-workers.
11. Arrive punctually on scheduled work days and be at the designated work area by start of shift to assure continuous work flow.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED:
Automatic sealing equipment, computers, power lift trucks, hand jacks, floor sweepers, trash compactor, automatic labelers.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
Management reserves the right to waive requirement(s) on a case-by-case review.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret instructions, production sheets and work related documents. Ability to clearly communicate problems and malfunctions to co-workers and manager/lead.
- Be able to solve diverse procedural problems within well-defined standards by choosing from workable alternatives.
- Prior manufacturing experience is desired; 6-months prior packaging experience is ideal.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Physical demands and environmental conditions are components of worker characteristics.
- Physical demands analysis is a systematic way of describing the physical activities that a job requires. It is concerned only with the physical demands of the job; it is not concerned with the physical capacity of the worker.
- Environmental conditions are the surroundings in which a job is performed.
- To be present an environmental condition must be specific and related to the job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.