If interested in applying for this position please go to our website www.citybrewery.com. Click the Employment Tab and then click the Memphis tab. Please complete the electronic application by clicking on Memphis Application and choosing the position title shown below.
Job Title: Packaging Supervisor
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Date Open: August 26, 2020
To oversee the start-up, operations and completion of assigned production lines including but not limited to: equipment and operator safety, front line quality control checks, proper supplies, instruction on equipment operations, production reporting, material tests, maintaining/improving line efficiencies, and overall packaging employee related skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safety procedures are followed by adherence to Company policies.
- Ensure front line quality check compliance to meet Company quality standards.
- Ensure priorities are communicated and guidance given to maintenance team assigned to shift.
- Recommend measures to maintain safe operations, improve production methods, equipment performance and use of equipment to increase efficiency, quality and safety of the department or work crew.
- Study production schedule to ascertain type and quantity of product, containers to be used, codes, package number, planning sequence of production and other packaging requirements.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Initiate personnel actions, such as performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures.
- Facilitate daily debriefs with the packaging staff.
- Check and approve hours worked of hourly employees on the lines.
- Ensure compliance with Internal, Federal, State and local guidelines and regulations including GMP, HACCP, OSHA, FDA and TTB.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Check the machinery of the lines for operational readiness and proper setup.
- Oversee the operations of the lines during production.
- Direct changeovers to assure proper materials are used, proper amounts are produced and proper codes are used per the BOM.
- Frequently review the operator quality assurance checks throughout the shift.
- At shutdown, be present to assure the proper length of run and that all machinery, conveyors, air, CO2, water and chain lube is shut off.
- Take case counts and record.
- Make out work orders for repairs or improvements needed on the lines.
- Supervise training of employees in operations, safety, quality standards, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by Packaging Manager.
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to task
- Conflict management
- Decision making and problem solving
- Minimum High School education.
- BA/BS in Business, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong background in people skills and hands on front line supervisory experience preferred in the area of packaging.
- 5 yrs. experience in a high-speed packaging environment preferred.
- Selected candidate must be willing to work any and all shifts, and weekends when necessary to cover the needs of the business.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Packaging Supervisor. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Successful candidate must be available to work any assigned shift.
Blues City Brewery provides a competitive salary and benefit package that includes: Health, Life, Dental and Short and Long Term Disability Insurance; Section 125; 401(k); and more.
Blues City Brewery LLC is an equal opportunity employer who prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Blues City Brewery LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.