Ken#39;s Foods in Marlborough, MA is adding to our team!
Ken#39;s Foods, manufacturer of Ken#39;s Salad Dressing and Sweet Baby Rays, is a dynamic company, family-owned and -operated since 1958. With four manufacturing plants strategically located, we employ over 1200 people throughout the U.S. We use high-quality ingredients to produce over one thousand varieties of dressings and sauces for both retail grocery and food service divisions.
We are committed to offer a work environment where safety and quality are the priority, as evidenced by our awarded SQF Level III certification. Because the health and wellness of our team is important to us, we provide excellent benefits and a friendly culture. We have a diverse customer base that is rapidly growing - a sign of our market acceptance and commitment to the consumer. Ken#39;s Foods is a rewarding place to learn and grow through practical applications of food science, product development, and operations management.
Manage and coordinate the activities of the Packaging Department. Optimize costs in the manufacturing of products, meeting quality and efficiency standards while upholding the policies and procedures of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for guidance and compliance to SQF certification, maintaining General Manufacturing Practices (GMP#39;s) and housekeeping being inspection-ready at all times
• Responsible for manufacturing and filling of products to meet forecasts at the lowest cost possible consistent with quality standards
• Responsible for the safety and welfare of packaging employees and ensures department meets OSHA standards
• Measure KPI of the operations and share with team members
• Plans, coordinates, advises, and provides necessary resources for the Packaging department
• Coaches and develops Packaging team, ensuring job duties are performed efficiently and effectively through training and education
• Manages company#39;s assets, including financial ROI in Packaging, approving expenditures and installing safeguards to prevent excessive spending or waste
• Prepares quarterly and annual budgets
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor#39;s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.