Under the direction of the Packaging Maintenance Manager, this position has general frontline responsibility for directing and coordinating activities of employees engaged in repair, maintenance, rebuild, lubrication, and installation of machines, tools and equipment. This position provides support to department efforts including, but not limited to, project work, installations, training, and cross-departmental communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide daily and weekly work direction to hourly mechanics and Lead mechanics. Monitor production schedule and respond to changing needs and priorities.
- Oversee preventive and proactive maintenance activities.
- Communicate cross-departmentally to coordinate maintenance and production work efforts
- Coordinate overhauls and rebuilds with Planner/Scheduler; manage parts requisition, schedule attainability, and quick response time items.
- Manage work order system. Create and close work orders, document work done, manage backlog.
- Parts inventory and analysis. Monitor requisition requests, ordering and receipt of parts. Management of parts room. Ensure manuals are up to date.
- Facilitate shift change meetings.
- Assist with project work including contributing to needs assessment, equipment evaluation, project timeline management, drawings, and vendor/contractor communications. Develop documented summary of project assessment to be used on future projects.
- Review paperwork for completion and accuracy. Follow up with employees as needed.
- Develop and revise SOP’s for changeover procedures. Employee reviews, training, coaching and discipline. Participate in interviewing and selection of candidates.
- Create staffing schedule, manage time off requests, monitor overtime.
- Assist with work direction for Packaging Maintenance Assistant or Planner/Scheduler. Ensures compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, requirements and codes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical Diploma required. BA/BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Packaging preferred.
- Experience in a high-speed packaging environment, food/beverage preferred.
- 3-5 years supervisory responsibility in maintenance.
- Strong computer skills. AutoCAD preferred.
- Selected candidate must be willing to work any and all shifts, weekends when necessary to cover the needs of the business.
- Attention to Detail Commitment to Task Communication
- Conflict Management
- Coping CustomerFocus
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Energizing Others
- Planning, Prioritizing and Goal Setting
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Packaging Maintenance Supervisor. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function, nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.