City Brewing Company, a leading manufacturer in the beverage industry, has an immediate opening for a Packaging Maintenance Manager at our La Crosse, WI location. This position will direct and lead the overall operation of the packaging maintenance function to ensure reliability and performance of equipment in support of production goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs repair and maintenance of all packaging equipment, including annual overhaul schedule.
- Supervision of all levels of Packaging Maintenance staff. Conduct performance reviews for all personnel as required, including the evaluation of new hires into the Department. Establish training and development; perform coaching and discipline.
- Drive completion and continuous improvement of Packaging Department Preventative Maintenance program.
- Ensure use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) throughout department.
- Support efforts toward continuous improvement in manufacturing processes to increase efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership to the department and company. Maintain working knowledge of equipment capacities. Participate in commercialization process for new packages.
- Make recommendations for, and oversee, equipment modifications, upgrades and acquisitions. Direct installations and participate in startup operations.
- Identify capital needs focused on operational improvements within the department. Submit comprehensive formal capital requests.
- Design the scope of projects from inception through completion. Secure project consulting and job bids as needed. Evaluate and make recommendations for selection. Develop and maintain timeline. Manage onsite vendors, service techs and contractors.
- Troubleshoot and monitor equipment issues, provide recommendations for resolutions and follow through.
- Monitor ongoing projects and evaluate for changing priorities.
- Emphasis on Safety and GMP compliance. Works with Safety department and HACCP Coordinator to facilitate training and compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, requirements and codes.
- Direct the development and maintenance of SOP’s for changeover procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Packaging or related technical field.
- 10+ year’s maintenance management experience, in high-speed beverage production.
- Experience managing in a Union environment.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and motivate employees.
- Mindset for collaboration and cooperative efforts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.