Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Packaging Machine Operator
Pay Rate starting at $16.92/hour + Shift Differential
Afternoon Shift and Night Shift Positions Available
Your seat at the table
- Operate bagger equipment
- Operate seasoner (Chip side only)
- Inspect all equipment used for sanitation and food safety.
- Setup equipment for process, 20 minutes before shift, 1 hour on start-up.
- Forklift operation.
- Retrieve all needed film from warehouse, all formers from racks for shift plus two hours after shift.
- Report any problems with materials or equipment.
- Take all required tests. Ex. BIP, vacuum chamber.
- Perform all required maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Direct line workers to needed tasks.
- Fill out proper paperwork. Ex. Metal Detector Log, Packaging Machine Start Up & Film Verification, Seat Test Check Sheet, etc.
- Return any unused film before end of shift to warehouse.
- Clean and return used formers to racks.
- Work with Enrober Operators, Cooks, Cartpullers, and Sheeter Operators
- Schedule completion of orders by following priority and direction from supervision.
What you bring to the table
- Complete all computer training
- Able to read the ROG
- General mathematical ability
- Experience or training up to 1 month or more
- Learning, memorizing and executing a sequence of procedures
- Good hand – eye coordination
- Willing and able to get along with others
- Good judgment and reasoning abilities
- Ability to drive forklift and pass certification exam
- Basic computer skills
- Lifting up to 80 pounds
- Continuous standing and walking
- Continuous bending, stooping, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Frequently climbing and reaching above shoulder level
- Occasionally squatting
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!