This job posting is an "Evergreen Requisition" designed to gather talent for current or future open positions. It Is a way for Conagra to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest in a particular job function within Conagra. Your application will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist who may reach out to learn more about your career interests, and how that may best fit with Conagra. In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available.
Who is Conagra Brands?
Conagra Brands, headquartered in Chicago, combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We#39;re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We#39;re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape - all with a culture that#39;s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
Your internship will be an 11-week immersion into Conagra Brands and our R&D Packaging organization.
As a packaging intern at Conagra, you will support the packaging department on technical project tasks that will work toward the development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging. You will support the delivery of technology objectives and meet your individual goals.
Location: Omaha, NE
Dates: May 23 - August 5, 2022
What are the Perks of Being an intern at Conagra?
- Paid internship
- Housing Assistance will be available to those who do not have housing in Omaha
- Exposure to contemporary business and technical challenges
- Directed by professionals with extensive industry experience
- Chance to personally drive impactful projects, based on individual#39;s skill and interest level
- "Dress for your day" attire, 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays in the Summer
Are You the Right Candidate?
We#39;re looking for a driven, highly motivated individual who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to build your talents, make a difference, and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your own potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make an impact.
- Current student with at least one semester remaining after completion of internship required
- Package Engineering, Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering, or related major preferred
- Will graduate December 2022 or May 2023
- Expertise: Low level of complexity in tasks, expected to be a quick learner
- Leadership Skills: Openness to coaching / mentoring, ability to seek out information as needed
- Technical Skills: Execute experiments, participate in plant trials and prepare results for review. Apply knowledge of technical field to work & maintain awareness of technical developments in field
- Communication Skills: Prepare and present results, both written & oral, to supervisor
- Contribute to preparation of technical reports. Develop & issue technical specifications
- Fiscal & Strategic long-range plans: Understanding of strategies as appropriate for project assignments
- Risk Management / Problem Solving / Work Plans: Perform technical project related tasks, may manage small projects independently
- Relevant Budget accountabilities: Complete project tasks on budget, appropriate attention to cost considerations
Travel Requirements: May travel up to 30% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible CAG representative.
Work Environment: Office, laboratory, pilot plant and plant environments
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America#39;s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that#39;s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender#39;s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie#39;s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke#39;s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.