Packaging Engineering Co-Op
Employment Type: Intern or Other Job Types
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Support packaging engineering to assess and capture productivity opportunities. Collaborate on the creation and planning of a packaging technology development. Identify and assort packaging information found on quality and manufacturing reports and dashboards in order to implement procedures for packaging improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze information of packaging properties and attributes.
- Lay out plans to carry out found opportunities.
- Assist on determining information to be included on packaging specifications.
- Provide support determining key attributes that play a role on quality complaints and operational issues.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Safety: Understand BBU#39;s safety culture and act according to it. Promotes safe actions among his colleagues and workplace.
- Leadership: Team with other areas of the company in fostering process improvement and communication on packaging engineering duties.
- Shares best practices and knowledge among the entire organization.
- Service: Ensures a timely and comprehensive analysis of packaging design and specifications.
- Results focused: Supports the achievement of goals by delivering information efficiently.
Education and Work History:
- BS undergraduate it#39;s preferred (Packaging engineering, industrial design, chemical engineering, industrial engineering or related degrees).
- Interest on packaging design or materials is a plus.
- Proficient in computer skills and in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a distance team environment.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.