Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
In this role, Research and Development team for Campbell’s Snacks the Packaging Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing package solutions to support Campbell’s Snacks brands.
This includes primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging and the role requires emerging material knowledge, specifically in flexible films, paperboard, corrugate, thermoforming, and a general understanding of how these materials interface with packaging equipment.
The Packaging Engineer will work with the broader R&D team, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, and Quality to execute low to medium risk Package Development projects. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills to reliably manage and execute multiple projects at once.
In this role you will report to the Senior Manager for Research & Development Packaging.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develops and implements packaging solutions supporting new product launches, continuous quality improvements, and cost savings initiatives.
- Concurrently manages and executes multiple projects with minimal supervision, ensuring timely and successful completion of activities to meet project milestones.
- Provides technical thought leadership for the role of packaging to project teams, demonstrating an understanding of cost drivers, material properties, equipment capabilities, customer requirements, and consumer interaction.
- Drives alignment with key project stakeholders on packaging development direction.
- Collaborates with Campbell’s internal cross functional teams, as well as with external vendors and manufacturing facilities.
- Develops relationships with vendors to identify improvement opportunities for packaging materials and equipment.
- Applies the principles of data management, statistics, and experimental design to determine, execute, and document test plans.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise during assessment, feasibility, development, and commercialization with some manager supervision, implementing and executing plan of action.
- Understands and utilizes business systems to develop and document new and updated package components, including packaging component drawings and dieline(s), written specifications, production Bill of Materials, finished product specifications, and distribution specifications.
- Provides support to address operational quality issues related to packaging materials or equipment with the objective to minimize future recurrence.
- Collaborates to help identify new approaches, processes, and best practices.
We are looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in a materials-based program required; Bachelor#39;s Degree in Packaging strongly preferred.
- 1 year minimum of experience in Packaging R&D, including any Co-op or Internship experience.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Experience with packaging development software desired (TOPS or CAPE), specification database management, and MS Office.
- Able to develop a development and implementation plan for low-moderate risk projects using sound technical methodology.
- Self-starter, with the ability to drive technical solutions forward and multi-task on key programs / projects.
- Ability to identify and conduct appropriate tests to simulate the distribution environment.
- Must be able to travel.
- Anticipated travel at around 25% to 30% is often associated to line trials at manufacturing plants or vendor plants.
- A significant portion of the job is in a normal office environment.