fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With more than $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife ultra-filtered milk; Core Power High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife nutrition plan , a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for implementing new packaging, with a focus on fairlife s dairy packaging systems. They will ensure materials and machines meet the specifications and provide technical support to the Packaging and Operations teams. This role will include looking at both re-application of ideas in packaging as well as working with external resources such as design agencies, consultants, and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain packaging material specifications.
- Ensure all packaging materials conform to their specifications by establishing testing protocols, testing frequencies, and supporting documentation.
- Analyze machine efficiency and reliability data to identify opportunities for improving product quality and increasing machine performance.
- Manage packaging equipment improvement projects and upgrades.
- Provide technical support to Operations on machine issues and performance.
- Interface with Purchasing and Corporate Quality regarding material non-conformances, supplier performance, and supplier corrective actions.
- Manage plant implementation of new packaging materials including validations, supplier qualifications, and line trials.
- Coordinate with the Commercialization and Innovation teams on new packaging formats, technologies, and materials.
- Bachelor s degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing preferred) or Packaging or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related packaging or manufacturing experience.
- Hands-on experience with and working knowledge of packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement standards and testing procedures
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter who can prioritize workload while meeting commitments.
- Ability to work independently.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Engineering & Reliability Manager
travel requirements: 10%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email careers fairlife.com.